Classes 0 – 2 years
Our Baby Bumpkin programme uses the Early Years Foundation Stage curriculum as its basis. Sessions focus on the wellbeing of you and your baby.
All classes stimulate your baby’s senses (to encourage early sensory processing skills), nurture their early communication and social skills and offer a lovely bonding experience for you both.
Every week we take babies and carers on a new adventure with Baby Bumpkin, combining storytelling, music and simple baby yoga movements.
For our tiny babies (6 weeks until crawling) we include stretches for both mum and baby and lots of creative techniques and ideas for playing with your baby at home. We use music and fun, multi-sensory props to bring the unique stories to life.
The classes can also help aid digestion and other physical issues.
For our Explorers (crawlers up to 2), we tell the same story, with poses and activities better suited to a young toddler.
Booking is essential as places are limited.
Please bring along a blanket for your baby and dress them with their feet out if possible.
About the classes
During the sessions we focus on:
- Physical Development: Tummy time, side lying, sitting and standing postures as appropriate for your baby.
- Early fine motor skills: Whatever stage your baby has reached, the movements and props help to encourage hand and finger movements which are the basis for more complex skills.
- Emotional Development: Throughout the class the babies are encouraged to respond to each other. Massage and relaxation help to calm, and promote a healthy sleep / waking cycle for your baby.
- Cognitive Development: Emerging language skills are nurtured through movement, exploration of sensory props and gestures.
But most of all it’s about having fun with your baby.
Classes are held in pre-schools, nurseries, and private classes and sometimes in people’s homes. Baby Bumpkin is a very relaxed, informal way to have fun with your baby, whilst at the same time really helping with their physical and emotional development.
All our Baby Bumpkin teachers are fully qualified and CACHE accredited.
Meadows CC Maidstone. Feedback from Baby Bumpkin sessions, Feb 2012
- 100% of parents felt their baby enjoyed the Baby Bumpkin classes
- 100% of parents found the instructions given in the Baby Bumpkin class clear and easy to follow
- 89% of parents said the Baby Bumpkin classes have given them activity ideas for playing with their baby
- 88% of parents said they had used the relaxation techniques taught in the class with my baby at home
- 78 % of parents felt The Baby Bumpkin classes had increased their confidence to play with their baby on the floor at home
- 62 % of parents said they felt more confident to ‘talk and communicate’ with their baby since attending the Baby Bumpkin classes
- 55% of parents felt they were more aware of their baby’s physical skills since attending the Baby Bumpkin classes
- 55% of parents felt they had more confidence on how to lift and hold their baby to
- protect their own back
- encourage their babies’ development
- 30% of parents felt there was an improvement in their baby’s sleeping patterns since attending the Baby Bumpkin classes