Special Educational Needs (SEN)
Special educational needs and disabilities can affect a child or young person’s ability to learn. They can affect their:
- behaviour or ability to socialise, for example they struggle to make friends
- reading and writing, for example because they have dyslexia
- ability to understand things
- concentration levels, for example because they have ADHD
- physical ability
We can work together with schools, parents and carers on a bespoke programme where sessions are progressive and adapted to the children abilities and levels. For instance, there may be a different or mixed focus for each child or group: encourage movement and motor skills; enhance social and emotional development; breathing and mindfulness to support self-regulation, feelings of calm and relaxation, etc.
Some of the yoga benefits for SEN children are listed below, with further information available on our blog here
- Relieve stress
- Improve communication
- Develop motor skills
- Practice self-regulation and coping strategies
- Sensory processing
- Increase confidence
Please do get in touch if you would like to find out more about our special education needs programme.