8-11 years: Tatty Guroo classes
Tatty Guroo sessions are specifically designed for children aged from 8 to 11 years where we focus on communication, personal, emotional, social and physical development.
The key concepts of yoga are introduced in these creative and fun sessions. Partner poses and yoga-inspired games, mindfulness and relaxation create a varied and motivating experience.
Since the programme is linked to the school key curriculum subjects PSHE, Geography, Science, History, Music and the Arts, teachers are assured the learning continues and sessions can be effectively bought into the curriculum.
- Older children are provided with fun, motivating opportunities to progress their physical skills & body confidence alongside learning in all areas.
- Character traits essential for forming strong & positive relationships throughout life are developed: resilience, self-belief & perseverance.
- The sessions also instill the importance of self-respect & self-worth.
- Yoga-based practices aim to build personal attributes such as honesty, integrity, courage, humility, kindness, generosity, trustworthiness and a sense of justice.
- Relaxation, mindfulness and breath techniques are learned, which help form coping strategies.
- The sessions develop skills for life – how to keep the body healthy, how to be resilient & manage stress, how to communicate and collaborate as a group.
- At this critical time, some children may be wishing to opt-out of regular PE sessions, Tatty Guroo inspires children to keep moving and physically exploring. For the sporty child, the yoga poses make a perfect movement companion focusing on balance, spatial awareness and flexibility.